Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Miami, Florida- Recent driving tragedies involving text messaging while driving are evidence that driving distractions are becoming as prevalent as drinking and driving in terms of inhibiting individuals driving abilities.
According to recent driver research by DTAD-SAL (Don’t Text and Drive – Save a Life) and information found on the Unites States Department of Transportation website(s), email, instant and text messaging while driving leads the list as the biggest distraction while driving.
In a national survey of more than 1900 adults and teens with driver's licenses from 26 cities, DTDSL rated the following behaviors or activities as "extremely" or "very" distracting:
- Instant or text messaging while driving - 46 percent
- Drivers emotional state - 30 percent
- Having several friends in the car - 9 percent
- Talking on a cell phone - 4 percent
- Eating or drinking - 7 percent
- Having a passenger in the car - 3 percent
- Listening to music - 1 percent
- Kicked off in Atlanta, GA with special performance by Mykel McKintosh with songs from his soon to be released album “Love Noize”.
- Next Stop...MIAMI. With Special guests from Slip N Slide Records. November 14th.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
> I was wondering if you got my email about Laura Day the NY Times best
> selling intuitionist and author. Her new book, How to Rule the World from
> Your Couch also just made the best seller list and she will be in Miami this
> week on her book tour. I am sending the link to her recent appearance on
> Good Morning America below. Would you be interested in interviewing her?
> Lauren Auslander
> PMK HBH
Monday, October 26, 2009
FREE FOR UM STUDENTS!
Take pictures (no flash) and write a review of the show!!!
Comment below to cover :)