Miami, Florida- Recent driving tragedies involving text messaging while driving are evidence that driving distractions are becoming as prevalent as drinking and driving in terms of inhibiting individuals driving abilities.
According to recent driver research by DTAD-SAL (Don’t Text and Drive – Save a Life) and information found on the Unites States Department of Transportation website(s), email, instant and text messaging while driving leads the list as the biggest distraction while driving.
In a national survey of more than 1900 adults and teens with driver's licenses from 26 cities, DTDSL rated the following behaviors or activities as "extremely" or "very" distracting:
- Instant or text messaging while driving - 46 percent
- Drivers emotional state - 30 percent
- Having several friends in the car - 9 percent
- Talking on a cell phone - 4 percent
- Eating or drinking - 7 percent
- Having a passenger in the car - 3 percent
- Listening to music - 1 percent
- Kicked off in Atlanta, GA with special performance by Mykel McKintosh with songs from his soon to be released album “Love Noize”.
- Next Stop...MIAMI. With Special guests from Slip N Slide Records. November 14th.